We are sorry to announce that we will need to close Minet Junior School to everyone except children of key workers and vulnerable children from Monday 23rd March. This is following government advice as part of the country’s ongoing response to the coronavirus. Key Workers include:
- Medical professionals
- Other health workers – such as employment in a medical/health setting
- Community safety – police force and fire brigade
- Care workers and social workers
- Military personnel
- Education – teachers, workers in an educational setting
- Supermarket workers
- Delivery drivers
- Anyone working in critical infrastructure
- As well as children who are considered vulnerable and have an EHCP or a social worker.
I am fully aware that this is an extremely difficult situation which impacts us all. The planned closure to all children except for the few who have BOTH parents in the Key Worker categories is necessary to ensure the safety, health and well- being of everyone and to prevent the further spread of the virus.
If you are a Key Worker and need to send your child into school from Monday 23rd March, please e-mail the school email@example.com by 2.00pm today with your child’s name, child’s class with KEY WORKER in the subject heading or telephone the office between 11am-2pm today.
We wish to thank all of our community for the support and kindness you have continued to show us, especially during these last few weeks. This is an anxious and challenging time but we will be thinking of you all and looking forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.