We can confirm that we are currently following the advice from Public Health England and GOV.UK regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
What measures have Minet Junior School put in place?
- Encouraging regular handwashing and sanitising throughout the day for all staff, students and guests.
- Displaying printed guidance on COVID-19 and handwashing instructions around the entire school.
- Prioritising the disinfecting of all heavy hand traffic areas of the school such as door handles, bannisters etc.
- Ensuring staff and students understand the importance of covering their mouth when coughing or sneezing, with tissues being disposed of immediately, and washing their hands (catch it, bin it, kill it).
- Ensuring toilets are kept clean and well stocked with soap and paper for hand-drying rather than towels.
- Keeping ourselves up to date with Public Health England (PHE) and relaying regular updates and advice to staff.
- Advising staff to seek the advice of a health professional should they show any of the symptoms highlighted by PHE:
- Shortness of breath
The Advice from Public Health England continues to be for education settings to remain open, unless advised otherwise.
Here at Minet Junior School we will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated of any changes as and when they might occur.
National guidance emphasises the importance of hygiene; Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy for those with coughs and sneezes.
Please encourage cleanliness and hygiene at home.
How to wash your hands effectively?
Follow these steps to wash your hands the right way!
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
The Department for Education has a coronavirus helpline available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Updates are posted on: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We will update this guidance as and when we hear of further changes to government advice.